Botox and Dysport are non-surgical, cosmetic treatments to safely relax the muscles that create wrinkles. They can also be used to treat excessive sweating on underarms or palms of hands.
Medications to Discontinue 7 Days Before Treatment to Reduce Bruising
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Aleve)
- St. John’s Wort
- Omega 3 fatty acids (Fish Oil)
- Vitamin E
- Ginkgo Biloba
*if you have been prescribed Aspirin, do not discontinue unless okayed with prescribing physician Cold Sores: If you have a history of cold sores, ask us about pre-care instructions.
The intensity and duration of your side effects depends on the treatment aggressiveness and your individual healing characteristics, but usually can last up to a week after treatment.
• Stinging: Some patients develop stinging at the injection site for 10-15 minutes following treatment
• Swelling, Tenderness: Some patients experience some swelling or tenderness at the injection site. It should resolve on its own within a few days.
• Redness: You may apply makeup immediately after treatment to minimize the redness.
After Treatment Skin Care
• Avoid Excessive Sun and Heat: Until any initial swelling and redness has resolved.. This includes aggressive exercise.
• Sunscreen: Proper and frequent application of sunscreen is always important. The sunscreen should offer broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or more. You should apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside, and again, immediately before. After that, reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours. If direct sun exposure is necessary, wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area. Use this regimen during the healing period and always.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do Botox and Dysport work?
A: Botox and Dysport relax the contraction of muscles by blocking nerve impulses. The result is muscles that can no longer contract, and so the wrinkles can safely relax and soften.
Q: How many treatments are recommended for optimal results?
A: Usually only one treatment is necessary.
Q: How long will the results from Botox and Dysport last?
A: Facial treatments = 3-4 months
Treatment for sweating = 6-8 months
Q: How much social downtime is required?
A: None, you can go back to work and apply makeup immediately following treatment.
Q: Do Botox and Dysport injections hurt?
A: Topical anesthesia may be applied before the procedure to minimize discomfort, but this is usually not necessary as the treatment is almost painless.
Q: What side-effects can I expect and how long will they last?
A: As with most injectables, common side effects are tenderness, pain, redness, itching, bruising and/or swelling are sometimes reported. These are normal side-effects from the result of an injection, and will resolve within a few days. However, most of our patients experience absolutely no side effects.
Q: When will I start seeing results?
A: Within a week you should be able to see the full results of your treatment.
• BOTOX® Cosmetic® is NOT an option if:
• You are pregnant or breast feeding.
• You have a history of neurological disease
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
• Contract the injected muscles 10 times, every 15 min for 1 hour post treatment.
• Stay in an upright position for 4 hours post treatment
• Do not touch the injected area for 4 hours post treatment.
• No vigorous exercise on the day of treatment.
• Some clients may develop a mild grade headache post treatment.
• You may use Tylenol or Advil after treatment
• Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.
Contact Synergy Skin & Laser Center for details and to book a complimentary consultation (928) 505-7721
BOTOX® for Excessive Sweating
"Hyperhidrosis can be incredibly uncomfortable, both physically and emotionally. Treating it can improve a patient's well-being just as much as treating acne or other skin concerns."
Problems or abnormalities in the sympathetic nervous system cause the sweat glands to overproduce, resulting in hyperhidrosis. In some cases, these glands can produce more than five times the amount of sweat needed to cool the body, occurring even in cool temperatures. Since the FDA approved BOTOX® for hyperhidrosis treatment, those who suffer from the condition are finally able to find reliable relief.
Those who suffer from hyperhidrosis often have issues with controlling it, even with prescription-strength antiperspirants, Antiperspirants may dissipate throughout the day or may not be strong enough to start with. However, BOTOX® treats the underlying root of the problem—the nerves that control sweat excretion."
BOTOX® is made from botulinum toxin, which, when injected under the skin, limits the nerve's ability to send signals to the sweat glands. If the nerves are inhibited, the sweat glands do not excrete as much sweat. Studies have shown that one month after treatment, 91% of patients had at least a 50% reduction in sweating and required only one or two treatments per year. For those who haven't had luck with other treatments, BOTOX® can provide significant relief.
Patients are happy with the difference it's making in their lives. They feel more comfortable in professional and social situations and more relaxed about their appearance The benefits of BOTOX® are rewarding for them in so many ways."
Please ask about our free rewards program called Brilliant Distinctions.
Created by Allergan – the company which brought us Juvederm®, Voluma XC & BOTOX® Cosmetic .
Once you’re enrolled, you’ll earn points each time you receive a BOTOX® , Juvederm® or Voluma XC treatment. Later, you can redeem your points with us, for a free discount on future treatments.I